Schedule Building Documents:
- General Instructions
- Schedule Building Memo
- Waitlist Instructions - Managing Enrollment
- Schedule of Courses Errors and Warnings Report Instructions
- Academic Buildings & Rooms
- Classroom Feature Request Form
New for Summer and Fall 2023: the Classroom Feature Request form replaces the Master Classroom Request form.
** For help logging into Office365, please review Troubleshooting WSU Microsoft Account Access.
- Root Courses
Schedule Building Date Ranges
Some colleges/departments may have earlier due dates. The following schedule building dates are subject to change by the Registrar's Office:
|Schedule Building Term||Start Date||End Date||Part of Term Template|
|Fall (202510)||November 20, 2023||January 26, 2024|
|Summer (202430)||November 20, 2023||January 5, 2024|
|Spring (202420)||July 5, 2023||September 1, 2023|
Instructional Method Codes
Traditional Classroom Instruction
(100% In-person instruction)
|Instruction delivered in-person at regular meetings during the term. TCI courses may also use Blackboard for information delivery and assignment submission. Meeting day/times are required.|
|OLA||All online, asynchronous instruction (formerly IIE)||Instruction, course participation and all assessment via internet only. Classes with this code must have no in-person or specific online meeting time requirement of any kind. No meeting day/times are required.|
|OLS||All online, synchronous instruction (formerly IIS)||Instruction delivered via online platform allowing for set meeting times. OLS is “face-to-face” but not in-person. Use this code only if all class meetings will be delivered synchronously. Meeting day/times are required.|
|OHY||Online with in-person assessment (formerly HYO)||Instruction delivered all online (synchronous or asynchronous) but requiring student to come to a WSU location for exams or other assessment activities. A meeting day/time should tell students the delivery is synchronous but notes on the CRN (SSATEXT) should also be entered to provide details. No meeting day/times are required.|
|HYB1||Hybrid/blended instruction more than 25% in person||
Instruction is a combination of in-person, online synchronous, online asynchronous, and/or other methods. More than 25% of instruction must be in-person. Faculty/departments should include a note on the CRN (SSATEXT) providing the student with information about what to expect of the course instruction. Meeting day/times are required.
|HYB2||Hybrid/blended instruction 25% or less in person||
Instruction is a combination of in-person, online synchronous, online asynchronous, and/or other methods. Used when 25% or less of instruction will be in-person. Faculty/departments should include a note on the CRN (SSATEXT) providing the student with information about what to expect of the course instruction. Meeting day/times are required.
|CPI||Co-op, Practicum, Independent Study (new)||
Class involves specific activity or independent study; may or may not have scheduled meeting time for faculty check-in. Use this code for cooperative education, internship, practicum, independent study, thesis, dissertation, travel seminar, and research classes.
Details of Course Schedule Roll
- Meeting days and times are rolled, and can be changed if desired.
- Buildings and rooms are not rolled, and should be entered if appropriate.
- Instructors are not rolled; please enter, attached to the sections.
- CRN’s are not rolled; a new one is created when the roll is done.
- No cross-listings, co-requisites, or links are rolled. Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered.
- Attributes are rolled; please do not change any of them.
- The text for notes is not rolled, and will need to be re-entered.
- Special approval restrictions are rolled.
- The quota is rolled. Be sure to change if needed. On the tab for quota, the box that says “prior” has the actual enrollment for that section from the previous corresponding term.
- Waitlist maximums are rolled; you may update and/or enter this field.
- All course restrictions and prerequisites are rolled from the course file. These can be checked in Banner on SSARRES and SSAPREQ.
- "How Do I Build the Schedule of Courses?" Guide (PDF)
Quick reference guide for creating CRNs on SSASECT PDF.
- SSASECT (PDF)
SSASECT Banner page is used to create, modify and delete CRN's for the schedule of courses.
- Schedule Building Queries (PDF)This guide contains information regarding Schedule Building pages available in Banner. These pages contain both Catalog and Schedule information.
- Military Time Conversion Job Aide (PDF)
Use this chart to help convert 12 hour to 24 hour time.
- Waitlisting Query Forms (PDF)
Schedule Building Reports are located in WSU Reporting and can be accessed from win.wichita.edu. Some Schedule Building reports update nightly and are accurate as of end of business the previous day. Check the bottom left corner of a report to determine if you are referencing live data:
- Live Data (accurate the moment the report runs)
- Banner Production
- Overnight Refresh (accurate as of 11:59pm previous day)
- Data Warehouse
- Business Intelligence & Predictive Modeling (BIPM)
Schedule Building Reports
- RO00082-Schedule of Courses
- RO00102-Building and Room Schedule
- RO00103-Schedule of Courses Errors and Warnings
- RO00128-Course Schedule Changes