Named in honor of H. Dean Heskett, many department indoor and outdoor programs and activities take place in the Heskett Center and surrounding grounds. This 166,000 square-foot, shared use facility has everything a fitness enthusiast needs for a healthy, enjoyable, and productive college career. By presenting your current Shocker ID card, you have opened a door into the very best in fitness and recreation.
The Heskett Center facility serves Campus Recreation, Human Performance Studies, Sport Management and the Dance Department. Campus Recreation facilities provides the University community with plenty of opportunities to satisfy their recreational needs.
- Five convertible basketball/volleyball/badminton courts
- A 200-meter, six-lane indoor track
- A weight training room featuring 35 Cybex machines & over 10,000 pounds of free weights
- A cardio room equipped with 30 pieces of the latest cardiovascular equipment
- Two fitness studios featuring mirrored walls, hardwood floors and built-in sound systems
- Racquetball and squash courts
- A padded multipurpose room for wrestling, Martial arts, stretching and TRX® workouts
- A cycle studio with 11 LifeCycle exercise bikes
- A circuit room with 15 pieces of Cybex resistance machines, a rowing erg and stretching mat
- A 25-meter, eight-lane swimming pool and separate diving well
- Six outdoor, lighted tennis courts
- Locker rooms featuring restrooms, lockers, showers and a dry sauna
- A state-of-the-art F45 studio