The purpose of this Service Level Agreement (SLA) is to document an expected level of support provided by the ITS Help Desk to individual faculty, staff, and students at Wichita State University. This SLA will be reviewed periodically, and evolve over time as there are changes in services or levels of support offered by the Help Desk.
This SLA may be updated as services change and/or to account for staffing changes.
The Help Desk provides first-level technical support to all faculty, staff, and students of WSU in a professional, and informative manner. The Help Desk is dedicated to servicing the computer, and technology support needs of all users by providing detailed resolutions, and general system information for common problems.
The Help Desk provides first level support to all WSU students, faculty, staff, and guests. Help Desk services include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts & Access
- Wireless/Internet access
- Computer hardware
- Software installs
- Loaner equipment
- Printer setup / maintenance
- Academic Access and Accommodations
- Campus Media Services
- Classroom Technology
- Conference Room AV Equipment
- Live Event Media
- Zoom Technical Support & Licensing
- WSUTV and Video Services
- Web Services
- Instructional Design and Access
- Zoom- Instructional Training
- Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
- Respondus Test Builder 4.0
- Online, hybrid, and in-person course design, building, and delivery
Before contacting the Help Desk, users should explore help that is readily available. This help may be from the Information Technology Services Website or Help Desk Support Web page. If additional assistance is still needed users should contact the Help Desk through the various methods in the next section of this document.
When contacting the Help Desk please provide the following information:
- Complete contact information (first and last name, date of birth, and myWSU ID number), including office or room number where assistance is needed.
- Device with which you are experiencing the issue and/or requesting assistance on.
- A clear, and specific description of the problem or request, including exact information from any error messages you may have received.
- If the user has been contacted by the Help Desk, and has not responded after three (3) attempts within a one (1) week period the ticket will be closed, and no further follow-up from HelpDesk will be made.
- The Help Desk can only service computer equipment that is owned by the University. The Help Desk cannot operate or service faculty, staff, or students’ personal computer equipment.
- Online: www.wichita.edu/helpdesk or https://wichita.teamdynamix.com
This is the recommended method. Submitting tickets through our support portal allows tickets to be routed quickly to the appropriate team within ITS. The knowledgebase inside the Support Portal has extensive help guides, and documentation on common problems; many of which can be resolved immediately following the applicable article.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email requests will be processed during regular business hours.
- Phone: (316) 978-4357, Option 1.
Standard Help Desk remote support:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday – 10am – 4pm
In-Person support is available on campus by appointment:
- Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Jabara Hall Room 120
|Priorty||Impact||Definition||Response Time||Target Response Time|
|1||Critical||A problem that affects the entire University community, or a large group of users.||Within 1 hour||Within 2 hours|
|2||High||A problem that affects a group of users.||Within 3 hours||Within 8 hours|
|3||Medium||A general service request, or problem with workaround solution.||Within 8 hours||Within 2 working days|
|4||Low||A minor issue with limited effect on user. Work scheduled with user.||Within 2 working days||Within 5 working days|
|5||Planning||A long-term project or service request||Within 5 working days||As planned|
Determination of Priority Levels
Impact: The potential impact that an unresolved issue has on the ability of the University to continue operations or deliver its services. (Columns)
Urgency: The speed that is considered appropriate to resolve an issue of a given impact. (Rows)
|Urgency||Impact: High||Impact: Medium||Impact: Low|
*Note: The Service Level Agreement resets when moved to a new Team.