Zoom Wording for Syllabus or Course Announcement
Below is some language and a link that you can use in the Required Technologies and Equipment section of syllabi or courses. This has a link to the training create for Zoom on OIR’s website. This information can also be used as an announcement for the first week of classes so that students understand the necessity of familiarizing themselves with it.
Using Zoom Video Conferencing
- Getting Started with Zoom:
- You are required to use Zoom in this course, so take the time to familiarize yourself with it by thoroughly reading all of the materials and the step-by-step instructions.
- You will access your Zoom meeting space in one of two ways:
- Log in via the app after you have followed the instructions to initially download, install, and login. Then enter the meeting number provided by your instructor at the time set for the meeting.
- Copy and paste the URL (or click on the web link) provided by your instructor at the time specified for the meeting. Launch the app (after initially downloading, installing, and logging in), and you will enter the meeting immediately.
- You may choose to use Zoom on your mobile device (phone or tablet).
- Things to Know About Zoom:
- Because you sign in using your WSU information, you have your own permanent meeting id number that can be used to host meetings anytime to collaborate with team/group partners.
- You can schedule meetings and invite other people.
- Meetings are restricted to 40 minutes with up to 3 users.
- You can find the privacy and accessibility policies for Zoom by clicking on the Learner Support tab in the left-hand navigation pane of your Blackboard course.