Curate an interdisciplinary curriculum that expands your knowledge on a topic of interest.
The Honors General Interdisciplinary track allows students to design their own track by bringing two subjects of study together to create something unique. These tracks consist of upper-division honors courses combined with an applied learning experience in which the student brings their two subjects together in real world application. Students who complete the Honors General Interdisciplinary track requirements earn a transcript designation.
Learn How To:
- View your core focus from a variety of perspectives
- Apply your knowledge to real world solutions
- Prepare for a wide range of career option in your field
- Identify relative theories and concepts
- Develop skills based on personal strengths and professional interests
- Core Course (3 credit hours)
- Electives (6 credit hours)
- Applied Learning (3 credit hours)
Examples of Honors General Interdisciplinary Tracks designed by students:
- Clinical Anatomy & Cancer
- Cultural Awareness in Nursing
- Fiction & Film
- Leadership & Communication in Healthcare
- Nonprofit Management
- Psychology & Nursing
- Religion & Psychology in Education
You must submit a proposal for the Honors General Interdisciplinary track using the Petition for Exception form on the Forms Directory page. Please visit with the Honors Academic Advisor to explore designing your track.