Honors College Forms

Use the documents on this page to plan your honors course of study, turn a regular course into an honors course, request exceptions to requirements, request to use the meeting rooms in Shocker Hall, or send us a newsworthy item to include in the Honors Weekly Update.

Planning Sheets 

Use these forms to start planning your Honors course of study. Visit the Honors Advisor to discuss your plans.

Petition for an Exception

Students who want to design their own track, request an exception to requirements for an Honors track, or request an exception to requirements for maintaining active standing in Honors should submit a formal petition. Your petition is a proposal in which you make the case for the exception you are requesting. It is given careful consideration by the college Dean in consultation with the Honor College Faculty Council, as needed, or, if you are appealing the Dean’s decision, the petition is reviewed by a committee established in accordance with the college bylaws. 

Honors Baccalaureate Forms

Honors Baccalaureate Planning SheetThesis Intent formThesis Submission Cover Sheet (SOAR)

Honors Option Agreement

Turn almost any course into an Honors course with the agreement forms below. Design the Honors component with the faculty using the framework in the forms below. Both the faculty and the student Honors Option Agreement forms must be submitted by the end of the third week of classes.
*The deadline for Spring 2021 has passed.

Faculty Portion Honors Option Agreement

Student Portion Honors Option Agreement 

Please email Jessica.Raburn@wichita.edu if you would like to learn more. 

Not an Honors student but want to take a course? We welcome you!

Honors Seminar Course Permission formAre you not currently a member of the Cohen Honors College but would like to take an Honors course? Any WSU student can take one Honors seminar course without being admitted to Honors.

Request to Reserve a Room in Shocker Hall

Honors Meeting Room Request form

Submit to the Honors Newsletter

Newsworthy Submission form - Use this form to tell us something newsworthy about you or advertise an event in the Weekly Update.

Report a Problem 

Troubleshooting - Report a problem with door access, printing, or something else using this form. 

Withdraw from Honors

Voluntary Withdrawal - Let us know you want to withdraw from Honors using this form.