A student in any major can earn an honors college distinction on the transcript or diploma. Choose any one or more honors curriculum tracks.
For Current Students
Choose Your Honors Path
Honors Curriculum Paths
- Choose or change your Honors College track in the Change of Major app in your MyWSU portal.
- Find Honors Courses in the Schedule of Courses. Type "honors" in the keyword box to see a full list of department honors and honors college courses.
- The suggested honors course sequence page can help you plan your honors courses and experiences over 2, 3, or 4 years, and the types of honors courses page tells you how many ways you can earn honors credit.
- And, remember you can make an appointment to talk with the honors academic advisor.
- Not yet in Honors but curious? Stop by Shocker Hall or fill out the Course Permission form to request to take an Honors course.
In addition to challenging and engaging courses, Honors offers multiple benefits to students who want to maximize their college education, including priority enrollment and 24/7 access to study areas in the honors student lounge in Shocker Hall Building A.
Apply for a Cohen Enhancement Scholarship
When Dorothy & Bill Cohen gave their naming gift to ensure the future of Honors, they challenged the college to join knowledge and innovation to grow visionaries. Thanks to their generosity, Honors students with high financial need receive a scholarship each year, and all students can apply for a scholarship of up to $4000 to support applied learning such as study abroad, student exchange, research, service-learning, and unpaid internships in the nonprofit or public sector.