Honors Stripe

Good Standing in Honors

To maintain good standing in Honors, students take a minimum of 3 honors credit hours each year or complete an honors track and maintain an overall GPA of 3.250.

The Lindquist Honors Scholar track is designed to be completed in the first two years. In order to graduate within four years with the minor in university honors or the honors baccalaureate diploma, students should take at least 6 honors credit hours each year.  

Probation and Dismissal 

The Dorothy and Bill Cohen Honors College adheres to current WSU Probation and Dismissal policies found in the Academic Probation and Dismissal section of the Undergraduate Catalog with the following exceptions: Honors College students must maintain a GPA of 3.250 and enroll in at least one honors course each year or complete an honors track.

In addition to meeting academic standards, students are expected to follow the Student Code of Conduct which can be found online in section 8.05 of the WSU Policies and Procedures Manual1, and to meet the professional standards governing any organization in which the student is participating as an intern, exchange student or other capacity.

Students who fail to meet these standards are required to work closely with an advisor to explore options. Dismissal from the Cohen Honors College constitutes dismissal from the university only if a student is an Honors Baccalaureate major. For all other students, dismissal from Honors does not constitute dismissal from the university.

Students may appeal dismissals from Honors using the Petition for Exceptions form available on the Forms page.

Appeals for exception

If you have any further questions, contact our office at honors@wichita.edu, call (316) 978-3375, or drop by Shocker Hall, Building A, Room A1180.