Outstanding Cohen Honors Student Award
The award recognizes a high-achieving senior leader who takes on challenges and demonstrates commitment to academic excellence in Honors.
- Senior defined as having completed 90 credit hours by the end of the summer prior to award being selected
- Active standing in Honors including a minimum 3.25 overall GPA
Selection Will be Based on the Following
- Involvement at WSU and with the Cohen Honors College
- Contribution and service to the surrounding community
- Demonstrated success in Honors courses
By applying for this award, I hereby give my permission for the selection committee to verify the information submitted for consideration, my academic standing and GPA.
To be considered for this award, please submit the following:
- A cover page on white paper that includes the following information:
Your chosen name
Your chosen pronouns
Current mailing address
Current phone number(s) & cell phone number(s)
MyWSU ID number
A 3-4 sentence biographical sketch. This will be included in award programs if you are selected.
- Resume or list of activities that includes the name and contact information for two professional or academic references
- One-page personal statement that responds to the following question:
- Why are you the Outstanding Cohen Honors Student?
Applications must be submitted electronically by 5 p.m. Monday, February 11th to email@example.com. Please save the file as a PDF with your name as the title.
Award notification by March 1st.