There are many obstacles you might face during your college career. The CARE Team, its composite offices and the University as a whole are here to support you and help you overcome these obstacles, whatever they may be.
Below is a list of on-campus resources. If you don't see what you need below, contact CARE Team at 316-978-3149 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Counseling and Prevention Services
- Financial Aid
- Housing and Residence Life
- International Student Hardship Fund
- Office of Disability Services
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Shocker Support Locker
- Student Conduct and Community Standards
- Student Health Services
- Student Engagement, Advocacy & Leadership
- Student Success
- Suicide Prevention
- Veterans Services
- Psychology Today: using your zip code students can find support groups, treatment centers, therapist, and psychiatrists, and articles about mental health
- NAMI (national Alliance of mental illness): you can find information for the national hotline, crisis hot line (local), and text line. They also offer resources guides and supports!
- Kansas Support Groups: you can locate various types of support groups in the area
- Eating Disorder Supports: NEDA Feeding Hope - EDCare Nourishing Success - Eating Recovery Center
- Better Help: Online therapy services
- Ability Point: Adult case management
- MHA Mental Health Association: Adult services and case management
- STOP Suicide ICT: Resources for SI, prevention, and training
- Soul Shop: Religious supports for SI
- Department of Children and Families (DCF): Resources for jobs, childcare, abuse, fraud and more
- Trust Women: birth control and other reproductive supports and services
- Planned Parenthood
- Project Laundry: Pop-up locations for people to do laundry
- Upward Bound
- Shower Up: Mobile Showers and Personal Care
- Single Parent Assistance
- Harbor House (catholic charities): They offer support to people experiencing domestic violence.
- HumanKind Ministries: Shelters for homeless individuals.
- URM (Union Rescue Mission): Shelter that is close to campus
- Wichita Children’s Home: Supports for youths (18-24) for housing/shelters, outreach programs, hotlines, and more!
- Kansas Shelter List: A list of the various shelter locations
- Benefits Finder: Take a questionnaire about what you need, and it helps to find supports for you OR you can choose from their list
- Find Help: you can take this anywhere in the country. Using your zip code you can find housing, medical, financial, mental health, clothing, and more! (check it out!!)
- United Way of the Plains: you can also call 211
- Children’s Mercy: Just a list of some numbers to call for resources
- Resources Guide
- Off-Campus Housing Safety (PDF) – Updated 8/18/21
- Brochure, CARE Team
- Grief Handout – General
- Grief Handout – Students
- Grief Handout – Faculty
- Spring 2021 Red Sheet
Learn more about some of the issues students are facing.
- Getting Straight A's In College Is Not Worth Failing Your Mental Health
- Academic Resilience Resource Library
- Safe and Effective Messaging and Reporting (about Suicide)
- Potential Warning Signs of Homelessness
- Nearly 1 in 7 US kids and teens has a mental health condition, and half go untreated, study says
- Higher Poverty Tied to Increased Youth Suicide Risk, Study Shows