Smiling male student at office
It's easy to apply to Wichita State!  Follow the steps provided on our page to complete the process.
Smiling female student at office
Learn the necessary steps that you need to take to successfully start your academic journey at Wichita State.
Student studying at cafe
 Step into a successful career path with undergraduate programs in business, criminal justice, healthcare, and more.
co-workers gathered around computer

Our Transfer Gateway tool will let you estimate how many of your credits will transfer to your desired degree program at Wichita State.

New & Transfer Students

Welcome to Shocker Nation!  Explore our fully Online Programs options to find more program specific information. Once you have decided on a major, you are ready to begin the application process.

After your application has been processed, you will receive an admissions email regarding your status. Once you have been accepted to WSU, you will get information with your WSU ID and steps on how to log in to myWSU portal. 


Returning WSU Students

If you previously studied at Wichita State as an undergraduate degree-bound student (but not as a high school guest student, non-degree regular, non-degree open or college guest) and you would like to resume studying as an undergraduate after an absence, you do not need to apply for admission again.

Reactivation Process

It has been less than 2 years since I was last enrolled at Wichita State.

You do not need to reactivate your file. Please contact our online advisor directly. Our advisor will help you with your plan of study and answer any questions you may have.

It has been over 2 years since I was last enrolled at Wichita State.

You will need to complete the reactivation process. Once you have completed the reactivation process you will need to contact and notify your online advisor. Your advisor will help you resume your academic studies.

Please note that if you have attended other higher education institutions after attending Wichita State, you will need to send official transcripts to the Registrar's Office.


Current WSU Students

I would like to switch into a fully online program

To switch into a fully online program, you will need to contact our online advisor to discuss your options and your plan of study.


I would like to take online courses but I DO NOT want to be in a fully online program

 As an on-campus student, you have to option to take online courses. The enrollment process is the same as enrolling for an on-campus course. Contact your advisor to discuss details of courses your need to take for your major.