Policy and Procedures
Participation in Campus Recreation programs and activities is a privilege. Failure to adhere with Wichita State University Code of Conduct or to comply with policies and/or Campus Recreation staff responsible for enforcing such policies may result in immediate removal from activities and facilities and a loss of Campus Recreation privileges. If removal from facilities is deemed necessary due to failure to comply with Wichita State or Campus Activities and Recreation policy or procedure, disciplinary action will be administered by the University Code of Conduct and Community Standards Board.
Play Like a Champion / Behave like a Champion
- All individuals must present a valid Shocker Card to obtain access to the facility.
- Participants are expected to act responsibly and to respect the rights of others. Foul language is unacceptable in our facility.
- Participants are expected to comply with rules for proper facility use and with verbal directions of Campus Recreation staff.
- All members must comply with Campus Recreation emergency procedures (e.g. fire alarm, tornadoes warning, power outage, etc.).
- Tops, bottoms, and footwear are required in public areas of indoor facilities.
NOTE: See each activity area for specific rules
- Personal belongings should be secured in lockers or in designated areas. Personal belongings are not permitted on the floor in the activity areas.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director, Office of Affirmative Action, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, Kansas 67260-0145; telephone (316) 978-3186.
Freedom of Espression
Wichita State University is committed to preserving and supporting freedom of thought, speech, and expression on our campuses. Visit the Wichita State University’s Freedom of Expression page [link to: https://www.wichita.edu/about/free_expression/index.php] for more information. You can also view the Kansas Board of Regent Statement on Free Expression here [link to: https://www.kansasregents.org/resources/PDF/Students/Boards_Statement_on_Free_Expression_031721.pdf].